Recruiting for 2018

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:10 am

Will Jarrad Redden pull on the Eagles jumper again.
I believe he signed with the Eagles yesterday.
Only 26, will be 27 at start of next season. Has he still got something to offer???
Eagles desperately need to improve ruck stocks.
Did club approach him or did he approach the club?
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by goddy11 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Wundke kicked 36 goals for the year. He started well but after injury did not come back well . Lachie had a poor season by his standards. I wish them both well.
Jarrad will be a big plus. We need to beef up our forward line. We relied on our smalls too much for scores plus the Hayes boys.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Just saw that up on talking footy
I hope he plays well eagles missed him this year
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:53 am

Scott Lewis and Mark Borholm to go on.
Let's hope Lewis can have his second straight uninterupted pre-season.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:47 pm

wimpy wrote:Scott Lewis and Mark Borholm to go on.
Let's hope Lewis can have his second straight uninterupted pre-season.

Be nice if the club would put stuff on line, still I guess it’s to early yet .
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:43 pm

And the club email re Sinor states they will keep us all up to date in a few weeks there you go answered me .
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by goddy11 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Noticed no Lukosius in any of the best player awards. maybe played to many different grades of football.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Jack Lukosius also missed games due to his AIS committments. Maybe the Eagles should have an award for most promising club player which would encompass all grades and acadamies.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by goddy11 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:42 pm

wimpy wrote:Jack Lukosius also missed games due to his AIS committments. Maybe the Eagles should have an award for most promising club player which would encompass all grades and acadamies.

Glad we have him next year. This AFL thing really s--s me. We will get essentially nothing for him at the end of next year. Yet an AFL club can draft a player as a rookie eg South players for nothing.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Will Jackson Press re-appear with the Eagles in 2018. Appears he is too good for the comp. he plays in. Talented and speedy he left way too early. Could have done a "Joe Sinor" if he had stayed.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 pm

The reappearance of Jarrad Redden.
Does the Club know something?
Is it because Jordan West is likely to be drafted!!!
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:58 pm

"Goddy 11" - Unfortunately the drip system has been abolished.
The AFL now look at the numbers drafted from SA and give a financial bonus which is equally shared amongst the clubs. Doesn't really help clubs that produce players for the AFL, no incentive anymore. Some clubs can just sit back and get rewarded.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm

wimpy wrote:The reappearance of Jarrad Redden.
Does the Club know something?
Is it because Jordan West is likely to be drafted!!!

I saw a post on another site is Redden fit the report i saw said he isnt
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by goddy11 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:38 pm

wimpy wrote:"Goddy 11" - Unfortunately the drip system has been abolished.
The AFL now look at the numbers drafted from SA and give a financial bonus which is equally shared amongst the clubs. Doesn't really help clubs that produce players for the AFL, no incentive anymore. Some clubs can just sit back and get rewarded.

Good point. Our clubs pay to develop player and the AFL clubs just draft them Wouldn't it be great to get the funds the TAC cup teams get in Victoria.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Jake Von Bertouch is back just posted the club email
Welcome back Jake
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Will Ben Watkins be on the coaching team in 2018???
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm

wimpy wrote:Will Ben Watkins be on the coaching team in 2018???

Is he on the list for the west job ?
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:Will Ben Watkins be on the coaching team in 2018???

Is he on the list for the west job ?

No. Believe a short list of three for Bloods job.

Gavin Colville
Scott Thompson
Jacob Surjan
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
wimpy wrote:Will Ben Watkins be on the coaching team in 2018???

Is he on the list for the west job ?

No. Believe a short list of three for Bloods job.

Gavin Colville
Scott Thompson
Jacob Surjan

Ok thanks wimpy
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Rumours are that Jimmy Toumpas will be retained on power's list. Lets hope not. The club needs to do some serious recruiting for 2018.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by goddy11 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am

wimpy wrote:Rumours are that Jimmy Toumpas will be retained on power's list. Lets hope not. The club needs to do some serious recruiting for 2018.

Jimmy has never achieved his 2011 potential. Maybe in our system he may reproduce it. I can not believe Port will retain him.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 am

God I hope we can recruit some good players and keep bringing juniors up
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by wimpy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 am

I think the power do things like that just to shit off the SANFL clubs. Realistically the power will not play Toumpas in their AFL side. Many have moved past him, now they have recruited Rockcliff. They should be putting rookies and youngsters through their magpie team!!
I think Jimmy had a pretty good season, 2nd in B&F. Would be a top player for us.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Mickyj on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm

wimpy wrote:I think the power do things like that just to shit off the SANFL clubs. Realistically the power will not play Toumpas in their AFL side. Many have moved past him, now they have recruited Rockcliff. They should be putting rookies and youngsters through their magpie team!!
I think Jimmy had a pretty good season, 2nd in B&F. Would be a top player for us.

North Adelaide by the looks have signed the sandover medalist
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2448
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by goddy11 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 am

Absolutely nothing to do with recruiting but have you seen the player Bobblehead the club is selling. I don't want to start a new thread but..  I would love to buy some but at $100 each, it sounds high. I just looked on ebay at similar items albeit NFL are $20-$50. Some of the super limited are much higher priced.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 243
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum