Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by wimpy on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Looks like Eagles will regain Boyd, McGregor, Rowntree and Allmond for this match.
Petrenko has come up really well and could be ready for the magpies match if not the one after against West.
Wundke is progressing a little slower and should be ready to go against West.
Will be interesting to see who goes out and how they will structure up forward.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Columbo on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Will be good to have Nuttsy back, we really missed his run out of the backline last week, the other 3 will also be more than useful.
Shapes as a pretty important game now after Sturt did us a favour today.
avatar
Columbo
Member

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 41
Location : Percy Fox Grandstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:41 pm

wimpy wrote:Looks like Eagles will regain Boyd, McGregor, Rowntree and Allmond for this match.
Petrenko has come up really well and could be ready for the magpies match if not the one after against West.
Wundke is progressing a little slower and should be ready to go against West.
Will be interesting to see who goes out and how they will structure up forward.

Great news on the 4 coming back. What's the issues with Pup and Wundke. They looked like ankles. Wundke must have been more serious. Would be a massive loss. He's in good form this year.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by wimpy on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Both are ankle injuries. Although Wundke's injury wasn't as bad as Pup's, his rehab. has taken some time to become effective, hence a later return.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Mickyj on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:10 pm

thanks for putting this up Wimpy was wondering if i should have posted last week been tied up with specialists and getting my licence back and today four buses for the final time
Just checked the injury list Wundke is listed as three weeks off
I am worried about this game no wundke but he didnt score the goals against them last game the smalls did
Hopefully the smalls can do it again this week
Do we use the two rucks this week ?
Guess we will see in a few days
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:09 pm



avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:13 pm

avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Watching the game on the tele. Half way through the 3rd 1/4 we look terrible. Whats happened to Jack Hayes. Looked a champ earlier in the year, We have a few strugglers.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:23 pm

I think no sooner had I posted this the Eags came to life. Players that were quiet and fumbly came into the game, Boyd, Johansen , Bomber and Jack Hayes. We should have won by 7 goals on that last 1/4. Finally after 3-4 weeks we played true Eagles football in the last 1/4.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:43 pm

goddy11 wrote:I think no sooner had I posted this the Eags came to life. Players that were quiet and fumbly came into the game, Boyd, Johansen , Bomber and Jack Hayes. We should have won by 7 goals on that last 1/4. Finally after 3-4 weeks we played true Eagles football in the last 1/4.

i was there honestly we missed Pup and Wundke , We kept kicking the ball long to the forward line bays were moping it up and showed us how to deliver the ball into the forward line .
But part way through the third or towards the end after being 20 points down (unless i have the time wrong ) we fought back and Bobmbers mark and goal after the siren spurred the guys on.
Young Hayes was well held suddenly in the ruck in the fourth and he was marking well
Guff put so much pressure on number 13 for the bays forced him to kick the ball over the boundary line
Lewis had a good hard game .
Goldsworthy it seemed he turned into our Hodge in the fourth we built a wall
Goldy mopped the ball up and raced to the forward line and marked and goaled

After 3/4 time we woke up and played great footy
Firns hats off to him he showed some spark there today in his first league match

Still cant get over we won that game well done Eagles
We were talking in the Car after the game its better to win like Against South and Glenelg hard fought wins rather than destroy every team
The younger guys are learning lessons winning games like the last two
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Your right Mickj. Godden just needs to get games into our young guys. I missed Joe Sinor earlier. He is improving every week. Part of our great backline that kept us in todays game early.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by wimpy on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Not being overly critical "goddy11" but Joe Sinor improving every week I think is a bit of an understatement, he was great from the first game and hasn't gone backwards, would think he would be close to leading our B&F.
Great win today, the secret is while playing not all that well is to not let the opposition get too far ahead so when we come good their score can be closed down.
Hally kicked 3 great goals today.
Get ready for J. Luko to play regularly in the league team next year.
With Von Bertouch back the team could look quite formidable.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Columbo on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Defence held up well again today to hold them to 61 points, we were a bit wobbly going forward without Wundke as a target.
In the last qtr we had 18 inside 50's to 0 in the first 20 mins.
To go from 20 down to 20 up in about 38 minutes, I think we will take that. Bombers goal on 3qt was massive in the context of the game.
avatar
Columbo
Member

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 41
Location : Percy Fox Grandstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:36 am

wimpy wrote:Not being overly critical "goddy11" but Joe Sinor improving every week I think is a bit of an understatement, he was great from the first game and hasn't gone backwards, would think he would be close to leading our B&F.
Great win today, the secret is while playing not all that well is to not let the opposition get too far ahead so when we come good their score can be closed down.
Hally kicked 3 great goals today.
Get ready for J. Luko to play regularly in the league team next year.
With Von Bertouch back the team could look quite formidable.

Improving may have been a poor choice of words but in the first couple of games Joe butchered some of his good work with poor disposal. His disposal is almost faultless and his rebound great. Just saw on another website Tom Whittlesea has left the club. Pity, as he was good back-up. Godden said last night we were short on talls. West may not be quite ready and Goddy may prefer Bomber and Hayes as a backup. We need Nuttsy and Wundke back asap. When Boyd and Loccy Mc got moving was a boost. We were getting killed in centre clearances till late.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:06 pm

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:Not being overly critical "goddy11" but Joe Sinor improving every week I think is a bit of an understatement, he was great from the first game and hasn't gone backwards, would think he would be close to leading our B&F.
Great win today, the secret is while playing not all that well is to not let the opposition get too far ahead so when we come good their score can be closed down.
Hally kicked 3 great goals today.
Get ready for J. Luko to play regularly in the league team next year.
With Von Bertouch back the team could look quite formidable.

Improving may have been a poor choice of words but in the first couple of games Joe butchered some of his good work with poor disposal. His disposal is almost faultless and his rebound great. Just saw on another website Tom Whittlesea has left the club. Pity, as he was good back-up. Godden said last night we were short on talls. West may not be quite ready and Goddy may prefer Bomber and Hayes as a backup. We need Nuttsy and Wundke back asap. When Boyd and Loccy Mc got moving was a boost. We were getting killed in centre clearances till late.

I didnt mention the whittlesea thing havent seen it anywhere i did hear yesterday didnt think i should put it up but seeing you did Goddy all good Smile
Sinor well we all thought he was doing what flash was doing early on against South Gods put him into the midfield late and that turned that game around
Yesterday you may not have seen sinors head injury on the TV i saw pictures on facebook blood pouring down his head . And i think later yesterday he went into the midfield he is a player we need playing
Sinor took his promotion like a bit between his teeth he has grown every game shown more  
Hall from old came back at times yesterday
Ive said somehwere online Goldsworthy was yesterday the Eagles Hodge like player guarding that back line and then running a million miles an hour after kicking the ball forward to take a mark and kick a goal
Son of number 23 he will be a gift next year before he is drafted

Honestly being there i still am wondering how the heck we won that game
I wonder our loss to norwood and teams blocking our forward line like yesterday is this a game plan for when it happens thats after half time and yes it worked

Is Paul Stewart ok he was injured late maybe an ankle
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:54 pm

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4749023/toms-in-town/

Cant afford to lose Stewy.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Mickyj on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 pm

goddy11 wrote:http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4749023/toms-in-town/

Cant afford to lose Stewy.

hopefully it was nothing he may have just got a knock

Whittlesea is a loss but hopefully we have youth who can take over
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles Vs Tigers Saturday 24 June Glenelg Oval

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum