Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Eagles v South
Saturday 10 June
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 12:00pm
League: 2:40pm

waiting to see who comes in this week
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Columbo on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Interesting that Shane's under 18's report this week says they play Sunday at Noarlunga, so maybe no triple header this week and back to usual times?
avatar
Columbo
Member

Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 41
Location : Percy Fox Grandstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:37 am

Columbo wrote:Interesting that Shane's under 18's report this week says they play Sunday at Noarlunga, so maybe no triple header this week and back to usual times?

good question
i have sent the club a message asking ive also looked on the sanfl app
App says 2.40pm

Club has answered me its 2.40 the tv game
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:44 pm

It was getting a little dark last Saturday towards the end of the game. Does anyone know what benefits WWT get from a televised game. South are not a big crowd draw card so I expect a low crowd.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:41 pm

goddy11 wrote:It was getting a little dark last Saturday towards the end of the game. Does anyone know what benefits WWT get from a televised game. South are not a big crowd draw card so I expect a low crowd.
it was getting dark last week i have no clue
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:27 pm

avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:29 pm

avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:02 pm

interesting interchange. I hope he is ok to play. We need him. West is interesting. Will give Bomber a bit of freedom up forward.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mara32 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:17 am

I guess Godden answered my Whittlesea question... I'm not suggesting West is the answer but probably time to try.

With TV, it's my understanding that every club is given a minimum of 2 home game telecasts, and as a result the time is worked around the AFL schedule on that day for channel 7.
Getting a telecast from an away game is just a bonus.

Sometimes earlier at 1:10, other times later at 2:40. Definite exposure benefits for the club and signage sponsors.
avatar
Mara32

Posts : 157
Join date : 2014-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:26 am

Mara32 wrote:I guess Godden answered my Whittlesea question... I'm not suggesting West is the answer but probably time to try.

With TV, it's my understanding that every club is given a minimum of 2 home game telecasts, and as a result the time is worked around the AFL schedule on that day for channel 7.
Getting a telecast from an away game is just a bonus.

Sometimes earlier at 1:10, other times later at 2:40. Definite exposure benefits for the club and signage sponsors.
At this stage we must think West is an in but whittelsea is an out
Im hoping Pup is an in we missed him last week
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mara32 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 am

In a radio interview earlier this week he seemed certain to play.
avatar
Mara32

Posts : 157
Join date : 2014-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Mara32 wrote:In a radio interview earlier this week he seemed certain to play.

Good

If West plays it was written aboveBomber resting up forward .
I think it lets Jack Hayes spend more time at CHF
Also West can spend time up forward he can mark and goal
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:11 am

ok I am still under shock that we won that games yesterday but im happy we did
Any clues on pup and wundkes injuries
over defensive South yesterday
Well done Eagles a hard fought win
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by wimpy on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:19 am

How we got away with a win I still can't fathom. Maybe South being overly defensive and not putting up a larger score kept us in the game. The inconsistecy of the umpiring was annoying. Just don't bounce the ball, we were disadvantaged three times. The last quarter decision not to pay a blatant holding the ball but in the back instead was disgraceful even South supporters were breathing a sigh of relief. With five important players with injury, our depth is being tested. The reserves were appalling, nothing there. In both the league and reserves the overwhelming lack of height is really starting to hurt - must find some more height in the off season.
Just like to commend the steady improvement of Sam Rowlands, has become a very reliable player. He is not going to tear the opposition apart but does make good decisions and rarely makes a mistake. Club's best players last night:

1) Sinor - how has he only played 19 games at age 23???
2) Johansen
3) Giuffreda
4) Goldsworthy
5) Rowland
6) Wundke
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by wimpy on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:23 am

Looks like young Weeds has a broken arm or wrist had arm in plaster after match.

Also good to see Nobby O'brien and Luke Jarrad in the club after the match.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:28 pm

wimpy wrote:Looks like young Weeds has a broken arm or wrist had arm in plaster after match.

Also good to see Nobby O'brien and Luke Jarrad in the club after the match.

i was told possible fractured hand
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Any news on Pup an Wundkes injuries
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:59 pm

wimpy wrote:How we got away with a win I still can't fathom. Maybe South being overly defensive and not putting up a larger score kept us in the game. The inconsistecy of the umpiring was annoying. Just don't bounce the ball, we were disadvantaged three times. The last quarter decision not to pay a blatant holding the ball but in the back instead was disgraceful even South supporters were breathing a sigh of relief. With five important players with injury, our depth is being tested. The reserves were appalling, nothing there. In both the league and reserves the overwhelming lack of height is really starting to hurt - must find some more height in the off season.
Just like to commend the steady improvement of Sam Rowlands, has become a very reliable player. He is not going to tear the opposition apart but does make good decisions and rarely makes a mistake. Club's best players last night:

1)  Sinor - how has he only played 19 games at age 23???
2)  Johansen
3)  Giuffreda
4)  Goldsworthy
5)  Rowland
6)  Wundke
Could not make it to the game owing to a slight cold but Ch7 was ok. The break can not come soon enough for us. Hopefully we can get some players back. We just have lost too much in midfield. Little Gus is very angry and needs to be brought under control although I don't think he gets enough protection. I thought Jack Hayes was ok but his kicking was poor. Very quiet day for Nick Hayes. I hate games against South the most. Never seen an attractive game. Always a dour scragging game.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mara32 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Watching the replay now, they're suggesting Pup's ankle is quite serious.

Guess we'll know soon enough.
avatar
Mara32

Posts : 157
Join date : 2014-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by spell_check on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:08 am

wimpy wrote:Maybe South being overly defensive and not putting up a larger score kept us in the game.

Yes, I thought that at HT.  We were being well held, yet only 3 goals down.  Not too hard to get back from that at that stage of a match.  A perspective to look at it, if the match wasn't so defensive, South may have been double the margin up, and it would have been well near impossible to get back.

I said last week was an attractive match (by 2017 standards); this one certainly made up for it!  I'll have to find the comment made by the Panthers senior coach saying that the current last possession rule is good for the game because goals are what fans want to see.  It's in one of the Budgets from this year.

wimpy wrote:1)  Sinor - how has he only played 19 games at age 23???

You may recall Sinor was injured in the opening match of last year; then couldn't get back into the side due to stability in the League team.  Those that stuck around this year are getting the chance to consolidate their place in the side given the imbalance of arrivals/departures.
avatar
spell_check
Member

Posts : 446
Join date : 2010-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by wimpy on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:11 am

"spell_check" - I appreciate what you said about Sinor but he has been around the club for a long time. He played State under 16's. Surely he should have been persisted with after rare odd appearances in the past. This year he has definitely cut out the threading the needle kicks and trying to do the impossible, its taken a long, long time for him to win the coach's confidence (Batley never did). He is a sure ball handler, doesn't panic and has a lovely long kick out of defence, hope he can eventually move into the midfield like he did on Saturday, now is the time to try with his form at a very high level. You might guess I'm a Joey Sinor fan.

Talking to McGregor at quarter time he was suggesting Pup could have a season ending injury.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by wimpy on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:19 am

Unfortunately for Sinor in previous years The Eagles didn't have a large turnover of players to be able play and nurture the younger ones. They are able to do it this year, players such as Rowland, Comitigianni and Haylock have been consistently selected and are showing the benefits. I like the approach they have taken this year BUT we still need some height.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 204
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:09 pm

wimpy wrote:Unfortunately for Sinor in previous years The Eagles didn't have a large turnover of players to be able play and nurture the younger ones. They are able to do it this year, players such as Rowland, Comitigianni and Haylock have been consistently selected and are showing the benefits. I like the approach they have taken this year BUT we still need some height.

I hoped West would stand up not sure he did enough
young Miller impresses height wise told he hates losing

Agree about the young guys
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2431
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mara32 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Pup could be out for as long as 10 weeks if he requires surgery, best case 2-4. Wundke 2-4 also, but awaiting scans.

Boyd and Lochy should be back against Glenelg, Nutsy and Gus a chance also, if not the week after.

Injuries were always gonna be our challenge this year, we've just dodged 2 bullets and was vital to bank those points... next 2 may not be so "dodgable".
avatar
Mara32

Posts : 157
Join date : 2014-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Massive blows if that's the case. Wundke takes the best defender or 2. Our depth will be really tested. Your right Mara32, we have dodged a couple of bullets. The bye is handy although I think we usually come out of the bye with new injuries. Don't know why.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum