Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Saturday 15 April
Reserves: 10:25am
League: 1:10pm

Go Eagles I hope we carry on with last weeks win
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:03 pm



avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:04 pm

i wonder who is going back to the seconds
And Rowntree back in the twos great
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:55 am

great game by the League yesterday
Eagles youngsters stood up
Bomber was winning the ruck
Hayes was beating Wests rucks . so much they got caught shepherding in the ruck . And up forward Hayes was winning
Gods style of move the ball on at all costs worked in the second term very very well/
Well done Eagles
Loved the new scoreboard
Bring on sturt
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:59 pm

At this stage, most of our fears preseason are not there. Love our "total Football" attacking style. How fit are the boys. The new guys have stepped up. Jack Hayes is a star in the making. Mitch McGovern in mannerism's. Nick has stepped up and is a leading player. All played well.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 269
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by goddy11 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Young Eagles player Andrew McPherson on Footy SA now. Very impressive lad.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 269
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:30 pm

goddy11 wrote:At this stage, most of our fears preseason are not there. Love our "total Football" attacking style. How fit are the boys. The new guys have stepped up. Jack Hayes is a star in the making. Mitch McGovern in mannerism's. Nick has stepped up and is a leading player. All played well.

yep so far so good
When it works its awesome
And on yesterdays game the kids played well
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Premiers on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:03 pm

2 good wins but:

against 2 sides that are yet to win a game. The one ruckman (Bornholm) plan with quick small players has worked so far but we haven't played a team with a dominant ruckman yet. The talls of the Crows, Magpies, Norwood and Glenelg may be a much greater test. But Mick Godden did suggest that Jordan West will become important from mid-season onwards so West is in his long term plans - firstly, West has got to start dominating in the Seconds to earn that promotion because he is going to be trying to take a very good workhorse's position (Whittlesea). I looked at the Best Player List for the seconds and didn't see the names I was hoping to see ie West, Rowntree and C Giles. Did anyone see the Seconds and how did each of them go?



Always think that Woods puts in a solid
avatar
Premiers
Member

Posts : 358
Join date : 2010-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Premiers wrote:2 good wins but:

against 2 sides that are yet to win a game. The one ruckman (Bornholm) plan with quick small players has worked so far but we haven't played a team with a dominant ruckman yet. The talls of the Crows, Magpies, Norwood and Glenelg may be a much greater test. But Mick Godden did suggest that Jordan West will become important from mid-season onwards so West is in his long term plans - firstly, West has got to start dominating in the Seconds to earn that promotion because he is going to be trying to take a very good workhorse's position (Whittlesea). I looked at the Best Player List for the seconds and didn't see the names I was hoping to see ie West, Rowntree and C Giles. Did anyone see the Seconds and how did each of them go?



Always think that Woods puts in a solid

Saw it Wests defensive action in the seconds stopped the Eagles who kicked long to the forward line
Rowntree did a bit but his hand balls were not great
C giles i asked was he playing he was used up forward didnt seem to do much
West in the ruck was he took the ball out of taps a bit
AS i wrote their defensive action was something they hadnt seen playing centrals.

avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Premiers wrote:2 good wins but:

against 2 sides that are yet to win a game. The one ruckman (Bornholm) plan with quick small players has worked so far but we haven't played a team with a dominant ruckman yet. The talls of the Crows, Magpies, Norwood and Glenelg may be a much greater test. But Mick Godden did suggest that Jordan West will become important from mid-season onwards so West is in his long term plans - firstly, West has got to start dominating in the Seconds to earn that promotion because he is going to be trying to take a very good workhorse's position (Whittlesea). I looked at the Best Player List for the seconds and didn't see the names I was hoping to see ie West, Rowntree and C Giles. Did anyone see the Seconds and how did each of them go?



Always think that Woods puts in a solid

Saw it Wests defensive action in the seconds stopped the Eagles who kicked long to the forward line to west players
Rowntree did a bit but his hand balls were not great going to west players
C giles i asked was he playing he was used up forward didnt seem to do much
West in the ruck was he took the ball out of taps a bit
AS i wrote their defensive action was something they hadnt seen playing centrals.

avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Columbo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Think West (player) had more hit outs than West (team).
Gus played ok, threw himself in to packs which after his injury was good to see he looked confident, definately had one handball I'm sure he'd like to have back.
Cam was down back for some of the game, possibly full back for a bit.
Was an interesting game the 2's. We had many more inside 50's and possessions but it just fell down too often going forward.
avatar
Columbo
Member

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 41
Location : Percy Fox Grandstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Columbo on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:33 pm

33 HO, 2 kicks 13 handballs for Jordan West.
24 HO For WA
avatar
Columbo
Member

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 41
Location : Percy Fox Grandstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Premiers on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am

[quote="Columbo"]33 HO, 2 kicks 13 handballs for Jordan West.

Thanks for that, Columbo.
Hitouts impressive but we never know who the opposition is - could be some Westies kid playing his first Seconds game, but as they say, you can only beat who is there. ? how many pack marks he is taking. In the Trial against Norwood, he took a couple, showed he was reasonably quick over 5-10 metres and quick/accurate with his handballs. Also a good kick over 45 metres.

If he can improve marking consistently so that he can be useful up forward, may earn his spot.  Would then have the perfect balance up forward with Wundke and Jack Hayes being the go-to Talls, surrounded by plenty of smalls (Johansen, Gaffney, Poole etc), floating midsize forward (Nick Hayes) and then the "monolith" Jordan West (and smaller Marc Bornholm) resting occasionally up forward to give variety for the opposition to counter.
avatar
Premiers
Member

Posts : 358
Join date : 2010-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:49 am

Premiers wrote:
Columbo wrote:33 HO, 2 kicks 13 handballs for Jordan West.

Thanks for that, Columbo.
Hitouts impressive but we never know who the opposition is - could be some Westies kid playing his first Seconds game, but as they say, you can only beat who is there. ? how many pack marks he is taking. In the Trial against Norwood, he took a couple, showed he was reasonably quick over 5-10 metres and quick/accurate with his handballs. Also a good kick over 45 metres.

If he can improve marking consistently so that he can be useful up forward, may earn his spot.  Would then have the perfect balance up forward with Wundke and Jack Hayes being the go-to Talls, surrounded by plenty of smalls (Johansen, Gaffney, Poole etc), floating midsize forward (Nick Hayes) and then the "monolith" Jordan West (and smaller Marc Bornholm) resting occasionally up forward to give variety for the opposition to counter.

West the team i mean league rucks were not league standard IMHO
They had to Sheppard Hayes
But it was only round 2 lets give West a bit more time to improve
Was round 2 one of our new coaches first coaching gig he wrote the reserves report learning curve for all
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughanthiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum