round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Eagles travel to elizabeth this week in round 1
Lets all get behind the boys in 2017
Go Eagles
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by goddy11 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Good interview with Godden on the SANFL. He's very positive and expects us to do well. Winning the Premiership is still the plan. That's why he is a great coach.

http://sanfl.com.au/coaches-corner-eagles-2/
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:51 pm

goddy11 wrote:Good interview with Godden on the SANFL. He's very positive and expects us to do well. Winning the Premiership is still the plan. That's why he is a great coach.

http://sanfl.com.au/coaches-corner-eagles-2/

sounds good positive stuff
i cant wait til saturday
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:16 pm

avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 pm

avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Premiers on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Interesting looking at which 3 will be selected from the 5 on the bench, assuming there are no late injuries and we're playing "tricky buggers"

My prediction is that they will go for West, Summerton, Commitigianni
Reasons: the 18 listed on the field are very short and if one of the few "talls"goes down injured, we're in big trouble - hence Summerton or Jack Hayes. Jack had only an average trial game against South and is best suited to CHF - they have preferred Whittlesea. Then Jack is knocked back another peg because Summerton is a quicker tall, more versatile (can play defence). However, Jack is unlucky and selection will be tight.
Commitogianni will be chosen ahead of Johannsen whose trial game form has been only average.
Jordan West may have come from a long way back to snatch a spot - and he'll be needed against the rucking of big Jack Hannath
avatar
Premiers
Member

Posts : 358
Join date : 2010-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Premiers wrote:Interesting looking at which 3 will be selected from the 5 on the bench, assuming there are no late injuries and we're playing "tricky buggers"

My prediction is that they will go for West, Summerton, Commitigianni
Reasons: the 18 listed on the field are very short and if one of the few "talls"goes down injured, we're in big trouble - hence Summerton or Jack Hayes. Jack had only an average trial game against South and is best suited to CHF - they have preferred Whittlesea. Then Jack is knocked back another peg because Summerton is a quicker tall, more versatile (can play defence). However, Jack is unlucky and selection will be tight.
Commitogianni will be chosen ahead of Johannsen whose trial game form has been only average.
Jordan West may have come from a long way back to snatch a spot - and he'll be needed against the rucking of big Jack Hannath

I missed the trials Hall on a HBF has he been plying there or are we playing tricky buggers
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Premiers on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Nah, Hall and Gaffney (with Comitogianni ) will be playing on the wide wings of Elizabeth Oval, Nick Hayes to play as a floating forward. Perhaps Sinor to play at HB.
McGregor was our most consistent onballer throughout the two trials, providing welcome pace around the ground rather than being restricted to HF like past seasons. Hope he can continue.
But Centrals look really strong - beating Sturt last week was proof of that. If we can come away with a win, it will be a tremendous start to the season because, player lists and trial form suggest that Norwood, Sturt, Magpies and Centrals are all in front of us at this stage. But a first up win can change all that.
avatar
Premiers
Member

Posts : 358
Join date : 2010-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:44 am

Premiers wrote:Nah, Hall and Gaffney (with Comitogianni ) will be playing on the wide wings of Elizabeth Oval, Nick Hayes to play as a floating forward. Perhaps Sinor to play at HB.
McGregor was our most consistent onballer throughout the two trials, providing welcome pace around the ground rather than being restricted to HF like past seasons. Hope he can continue.
But Centrals look really strong - beating Sturt last week was proof of that. If we can come away with a win, it will be a tremendous start to the season because, player lists and trial form suggest that Norwood, Sturt, Magpies and Centrals are all in front of us at this stage. But a first up win can change all that.

thought it was a strange selection
Trials dont mean a lot as we have found out last two GFs
Ill be happy if we win but IF is a very a big word in footy
Think West may have to play to counter Centrals big man that we supposedly chased
butcher will be an issue Channel 7 news was beefing him up for Saturdays game
Really going by them we have little chance
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by goddy11 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Just spotted the reserves score. Luke Hoare kicked 5 goal. Anyone know anything about him. Not much on the Eagles sight. They may not even know he's there. 18yo.
#51 – LUKE HOARE
Age: 18
Height (cm): 193
Weight (kg): 93
Total Games:
Total Goals:
League Debut –
Recruited From:
Sponsored by

My man Ethan Haylock 28 disposals.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by goddy11 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Dammit my live stream is not working. FG it on Ch7.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by goddy11 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Cam Giles had 20 touches. Good sign.
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by wimpy on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Luke Hoare (about 6'4") was an Eagle junior. Played in the U18 state team last year and played U18s when not playing college. Is a good mark, kicking can be a bit indifferent. Put a lot of weight on in off season. Waiting to decide on his dedication.
avatar
wimpy
Member

Posts : 187
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by goddy11 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:40 pm

I watched the game at home on the tele. The live stream did not work. I was totally Impressed with the boys. Totally impressed by the whole team. The usual suspects in Wundke , Lewy, Boyd, Bomber,Nutsy and Goldy. The younger guys in the Hayes's,Sinor,Jake C and Gafney. Johansen had his moment but at 20 there is a lot of upside.
I have said it before that Godden is a top coach. We have had top juniors for year and still have, Give them a chance and they will replace the outgoing players. Like the crows recruiters said preseason "Organic growth".
Go you Eagles
avatar
goddy11
Member

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 am

That was my first Eagles game in 2017 . Two great wins ,
Truth be told Eagles were lucky with some things .
Centrals Seconds 12 scoring shots to our 3 but they missed we didnt and as the game went on we straight direct and fast .
Centrals league team could have blown us out the water if im right 8 shots on goal from the goal square in the second but bad kicking losses games .
Saying that the Eagles league team grew better the longer the game went .
Wundke wow lost a huge amount of weight
Hayes boys great high flying brothers
Gaffney on the wing i was sitting on kept getting better
Nutsy defending on that wing from HB awesome
Old young eagle returning to his home will get better
Young Jake hair cut hasnt hurt him
Poole i think his barber left town but he will hurt some teams
Boyd the more they hit him the better he went he looks fitter or thinner this year
Anyone ive missed sorry but any win at Elizabeth is a great win
West in the seconds impressed
Stewart did some good things
Giles looked good
Wow round 1 over and done with and im told all four grades won yesterday
love hearing our song when we win
Eagles Eagles Eagles
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Premiers on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Excellent win by Eags.
And, as it turned out, no real problems playing only one ruckman and full credit to Marc Bornholm covering such a big ground. Allowed our run to be decisive and Petrenko, Lewis and McGregor around the midfield gave us a surprising dominance. Fort and Hannath had little influence but Jordan West will be needed against some of the big timber of Sturt, Magpies and Norwood. Didn't see the Seconds? How did West go?

Everyone contributed but first game efforts by Jack Hayes and Comitigianni extra pleasing.

Things looking good all round. Guifreda possibly back next week, Cam Giles in Seconds BP list. Rowntree reported as being close to resuming either this week or next.



avatar
Premiers
Member

Posts : 358
Join date : 2010-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Mickyj on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am

Premiers wrote:Excellent win by Eags.  
And, as it turned out, no real problems playing only one ruckman and full credit to Marc Bornholm covering such a big ground. Allowed our run to be decisive and Petrenko, Lewis and McGregor around the midfield gave us a surprising dominance. Fort and Hannath had little influence but Jordan West will be needed against some of the big timber of Sturt, Magpies and Norwood. Didn't see the Seconds? How did West go?

Everyone contributed but first game efforts by Jack Hayes and Comitigianni extra pleasing.

Things looking good all round. Guifreda possibly back next week, Cam Giles in Seconds BP list. Rowntree reported as being close to resuming either this week or next.



West looked good on the two's as did Minnie and Jolly
avatar
Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2371
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: round 1 Centrals V Eagles 2017

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum