2017 What do we need to take the next step

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mara32 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Gotta love how North fans on other forums are up in arms about how many players were drafted from their club on Friday... the West fans responding that it happened to them last year... then Sturt fans buying in that they've had their share over the years... all of them putting it down to their relative lack of success over a period of time.

Not too many clubs would've had the amount and quality of players drafted to AFL that the Eagles have, particularly since 1999, yet we've still played finals every year except 2008, made 8 Grand Finals, and won 2 Flags.

Maybe they should look st their club as a whole, not just their team.

Mara32

Posts : 120
Join date : 2014-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Mara32 wrote:Gotta love how North fans on other forums are up in arms about how many players were drafted from their club on Friday... the West fans responding that it happened to them last year... then Sturt fans buying in that they've had their share over the years... all of them putting it down to their relative lack of success over a period of time.

Not too many clubs would've had the amount and quality of players drafted to AFL that the Eagles have, particularly since 1999, yet we've still played finals every year except 2008, made 8 Grand Finals, and won 2 Flags.

Maybe they should look st their club as a whole, not just their team.

meanwhile if any club is over the Cap its always us by these fans

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 pm

umm ive upset sturt fans on talking footy oops

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Premiers on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm

Noticed that Keegan Brooksby was redrafted on Rookie list for Gold Suns stopping his return to South Adelaide (or other interested SANFL Clubs).
Also with Brett Eddy listed, the Rookie Draft was a bad outcome for South.
For the Eagles, no real damage. Tyson Stengle was unlikely to have a big influence next season although big Brennan Cox may have.
Now the smoke has settled, let's hope for the announcement of a big ruckman signing on for the Eagles.

Premiers
Member

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by goddy11 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Premiers wrote:Noticed that Keegan Brooksby was redrafted on Rookie list for Gold Suns stopping his return to South Adelaide (or other interested SANFL Clubs).
Also with Brett Eddy listed, the Rookie Draft was a bad outcome for South.
For the Eagles, no real damage. Tyson Stengle was unlikely to have a big influence next season although big Brennan Cox may have.
Now the smoke has settled, let's hope for the announcement of a big ruckman signing on for the Eagles.

I rate both these players especially Cox. It could have been worse. I thought the young rover Jake C may have gone. Richmond will destroy Sengle. I don't think we receive anything for rookies which is not fair for development.

goddy11
Member

Posts : 123
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 pm

The link between Fremantle and the Eagles has continued on Friday night at the NAB AFL Draft as Brennan Cox was selected with pick 41. Brennan, a 194cm key position player, joins defender Cam Sutcliffe as a fellow Woodville West-Torrens product at the club, the pair will look to continue the legacy started by retiring legend Matthew Pavlich. Also departing the Eagles into the AFL system is Tyson Stengle who joined the Richmond Football club with pick 6 in the AFL Rookie Draft. Tyson is a small forward/midfielder displaying elite speed and goal sense. The Woodville West Torrens Football Club wish the boys all the best at the new clubs.



Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by MichaelScott on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Looks like the ruckman we were supposed to be getting has signed with Sturt and butcher is apparently about to sign with Centrals...things are not looking good

MichaelScott
Member

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mara32 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Read was not the ruckman we were talking to

Mara32

Posts : 120
Join date : 2014-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by MichaelScott on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Please don't tell me its Fraser Thurlow

MichaelScott
Member

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 am

Mara32 wrote:Read was not the ruckman we were talking to

my understaning is as follows
We spoke to butcher werent interested
We have spoken to Read
We have spoken to other delisted AFL ruck man who are from other SANFL teams i have promied not to say who . And one or two who were not from SANFL clubs but that includes lownder
There is also talk of a former Eagles who was AFL who left may come back cant say the name either but not a ruck man

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:04 am

MichaelScott wrote:Please don't tell me its Fraser Thurlow

havent heard his name

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:06 am

MichaelScott wrote:Looks like the ruckman we were supposed to be getting has signed with Sturt and butcher is apparently about to sign with Centrals...things are not looking good

if it was me id be looking to see if any clubs have signed a delisted ruck man or have one who may sign

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:17 am

Have we lost another player i thought this player would have filled the flashes shoes sounds like Batley has signed with another SANFL team

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by MichaelScott on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:13 pm

WTF is going on down there...I think someone needs to explain....I thought the strategy was to promote from the b grade....but the few who probably could have made it/had pace ie...not plodders have left...unless we have a whole group we can bring in from the u 18's or there is some recruiting strategy going on that hasn't been disclosed

MichaelScott
Member

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by goddy11 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm not sure where Batley has gone but I think he fits into the plodders category. Been around a long time and not established himself. We all need to relax. All will be revealed. We have a lot of running players and need to be selective ie CHF Ruck.
If we made a play at Butcher and his asking price was about $40K then good luck to Centrals.

goddy11
Member

Posts : 123
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Redwood Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by MichaelScott on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 pm

If what I have heard is true...there isn't much to reveal...the guy we are talking to will likely sign with another club and the other bloke returning to the club...we were all happy when he left

MichaelScott
Member

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Hareeba on Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:55 pm

MS...sorry don't get who the guy and the other bloke are...
As for Bats he is a good lad but definitely wasn't in the mix for league promotion. He has had his chances and the club has eyes on the next batch coming through. He would not make a difference to the league team and is about 20% off the mark I reckon, mostly in intensity.
I have not heard much so looking forward to some announcements.

Hareeba
Member

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:28 pm

Hareeba wrote:MS...sorry don't get who the guy and the other bloke are...
As for Bats he is a good lad but definitely wasn't in the mix for league promotion. He has had his chances and the club has eyes on the next batch coming through. He would not make a difference to the league team and is about 20% off the mark I reckon, mostly in intensity.
I have not heard much so looking forward to some announcements.

honestly surely they have ruck man signed they learnt they couldnt have just one in the league before
we have money on the cap surely we can recruit a big name or someone

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:29 pm

goddy11 wrote:I'm not sure where Batley has gone but I think he fits into the plodders category. Been around a long time and not established himself. We all need to relax. All will be revealed. We have a lot of running players and need to be selective ie CHF Ruck.
If we made a play at Butcher and his asking price was about $40K then good luck to Centrals.

he hasnt gone to far goddy

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Premiers on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Mickyj
You have a wonderful opinion of Batley to "hope that he could fill Jarrad's role". I reckon even Batley would be embarrassed to hear that. Has always had the pace (of course) and the style but nowhere near the skill, poise and footysmarts of Jarrad.
( Although Luke finished off the last half of 2016 poorly by his high standards).

Premiers
Member

Posts : 330
Join date : 2010-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Hareeba on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Surely no big deal with the secrecy of this, it would have to be West or Glenelg - big deal.
He could not fill Flashes role, we have several who can.
Nice lad - no loss, bring in the next likely league player.
We needed to clean out our stocks so a number of players of this ilk will be finding new homes.

Hareeba
Member

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Premiers wrote:Mickyj
You have a wonderful opinion of Batley to "hope that he could fill Jarrad's role". I reckon even Batley would be embarrassed to hear that. Has always had the pace (of course) and the style but nowhere near the skill, poise and footysmarts of Jarrad.
( Although Luke finished off the last half of 2016 poorly by his high standards).

actually i was thinking ahead during last year

honestly have the eagles recruited a ruck man cause we need more than bomber .


Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Hareeba wrote:Surely no big deal with the secrecy of this, it would have to be West or Glenelg - big deal.
He could not fill Flashes role, we have several who can.
Nice lad - no loss, bring in the next likely league player.
We needed to clean out our stocks so a number of players of this ilk will be finding new homes.

and who replaces them
we have had two seconds players drafted
plus lost 14 or 15 league and seconds players

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by MichaelScott on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:38 pm

There was a rumour on TalkingfootySA that a club or clubs have had their salary cap reduced...maybe that explains whats going on...we must have had ours reduced by 50%

MichaelScott
Member

Posts : 172
Join date : 2010-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Mickyj on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:57 am

MichaelScott wrote:There was a rumour on TalkingfootySA that a club or clubs have had their salary cap reduced...maybe that explains whats going on...we must have had ours reduced by 50%

yeah saw that and saw a poster who has issues with me and issues with the eagles .
He always says there are issues with our club and when the surface like the CEO leaving in 2016 members knew that weeks before it was said online .

Until that is said for sure we have no idea who has their cap cut if they have

Mickyj
Admin

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 54
Location : Richmond SA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 What do we need to take the next step

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:24 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum