Go Eagles hope Wundke is playing
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eagles vWest

Post by goddy11 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Mickeyj, don't you ever sleep. Your message shows 2.54am

I don't believe Wundke is a plus for the season. He will be ok on ANZAC day but he has no flexibility. Lachie and Lewy will be good back in players. How has lewy been travlling in B-grade?
goddy11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Goddy,
Amazed at your opinion of Wundke.
Best player in our pathetic Grand Final by " a mile",
kicks 6 in first game this year and 3 before getting injured in first Q against South. Considering how badly the ball comes into our forward line, he does very well and is rarely beaten so x!?# his flexibility - we're not AFL and he is our most consistent and dangerous forward always drawing a lot of opposition attention. Our only true forward who holds his ground under the ball with body strength
Premiers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Your right that he is our best forward. My only problem is that when we are getting beaten there is basically nowhere else to play him. AA can play back or forward. I do hope he will play well and I will be the first to cheer him.
goddy11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 pm

goddy11 wrote:Mickeyj, don't you ever sleep. Your message shows 2.54am

I don't believe Wundke is a plus for the season. He will be ok on ANZAC day but he has no flexibility. Lachie and Lewy will be good back in players. How has lewy been travlling in B-grade?

Time must be out of whack says 10.30 am now lol
I actually think the league need to see how the seconds play that running game and as the seconds forwards play in the league they show how any player can kick the goals .
Lewis has played the last two games in the seconds im not sure if he is fit enough guess those who know they know
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm

goddy11 wrote:Your right that he is our best forward. My only problem is that when we are getting beaten there is basically nowhere else to play him. AA can play back or forward. I do hope he will play well and I will be the first to cheer him.

AA played well against Adelaide struggled a little against north
Dont think he was that great against sturt
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:24 pm

My point is that Wundke rarely is beaten, even when the team is going badly so why would you want to move him. Yes there will be days when he only kicks 2 - 3 goals but on those days he is still winning the majority of the 50:50 balls.
Godden recognised that when he would pick him for State teams saying that " he's extremely hard to beat man-on-man".
Also, I reckon Wundke when he has plays CHF
Premiers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:42 pm

(continuing on- mobile problems)

Also , I reckon when Wundke occasionally plays further out from goals, he shows as much pace as Ainger. And he doesn't make the ball handling errors that Ainger makes.
Changing the subject, interesting that they had Giles listed to play in the Seconds against South, then didn't play plus had another week off when the league played Adelaide and now is listed as being 2 weeks off. Did he have another big setback after being almost ready to play. He's certainly got some size about him - itching to see if he can play
Premiers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:21 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens coach Michael Godden is poised to include three of his stars for Monday’s ANZAC Day blockbuster against West at the Adelaide Oval.
Triple Ken Farmer Medallist Michael Wundke (groin) and clever goalsneak Lachlan McGregor (hamstring) have overcome soft-tissue concerns to return to the Eagles’ 24-man squad.
Veteran midfielder Scott Lewis, restricted by a groin ailment during pre-season, continued his impressive return to match fitness by racking up 41 disposals in the Reserves last round.
Lewis has also been joined in the squad by fellow on-ballers Matt Appleton and Joe Sinor, who will also be considered for selection.
Utility Tom Whittlesea and classy goalsneak Nick Yarran have been relegated to the seconds.

League
F: McGregor, Wundke, N. Hayes
HF: O’Brien, Ainger, Gaffney
C: Jarrad, Boyd, Allmond
HB: Goldsworthy, Von Bertouch, Hall
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Redden, Petrenko, Poole
INT: Sinor, Woods, Lewis, Rowland, Borholm, Appleton
IN: Wundke, Appleton, McGregor, Lewis, Sinor
OUT: Yarran, Whittlesea

Reserves
F: Yarran, J. Hayes, L. Hayes
HF: Jolly, Whittlesea, Press
C: M. Raymond, B. Ellis, Westbrook
HB: G. Ellis, Summerton, Batley
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Georgeson

R: Raikiwasa, Comitogianni, Firns
INT: Baqeri
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Premiers wrote:(continuing on- mobile problems)

Also , I reckon when Wundke occasionally plays further out from goals, he shows as much pace as Ainger. And he doesn't make the ball handling errors that Ainger makes.
Changing the subject, interesting that they had Giles listed to play in the Seconds against South, then didn't play plus had another week off when the league played Adelaide and now is listed as being 2 weeks off. Did he have another big setback after being almost ready to play. He's certainly got some size about him - itching to see if he can play

I have issues this year with my Iphone i cant post on this site anymore ill have to find out why one day
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:46 am

after Saturdays seconds game Wundke, Lewis. Macgregor must be back in
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:18 pm

5 ins, 2 outs.
Matt Appleton and Joe Sinor played yesterday.
1 more to miss out yet.
Columbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Columbo wrote:5 ins, 2 outs.
Matt Appleton and Joe Sinor played yesterday.
1 more to miss out yet.

Obrien was an out injured Columbo ?

Wasnt a great game Eagles won by heaps thankfully
We gave them to many goals
Redden looked good baulking smaller players and goaling
Bomber missed a 60 metre goal turned it into a 7 point play and kicked a slightly closer goal

I was disappointed in the stadium moved on from the shade no one was allowed to sit there why let us in that gate really bad staff in charge should be sacked
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:21 pm

ok guys i know this wasnt a great game to watch
funny on another football sight they have moved onto this matches posts to what teams pull bigger crowds
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Mickyj wrote:ok guys i know this wasnt a great game to watch
funny on another football sight they have moved onto this matches posts to what teams pull bigger crowds

We won, I like watching wins!

A certain SANFuL writer on Twitter, who doesn't measure in very big ;-) was asked about the crowd last night and in his reply suggested other teams would pull larger crowds on a nice day like yesterday.
Don't think he appreciated being challenged about his comment - but every club has a chance of playing on April 25, you just have to earn it.
Columbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:22 am

Columbo wrote:

A certain SANFuL writer on Twitter, who doesn't measure in very big ;-) was asked about the crowd  last night and in his reply suggested other teams would pull larger crowds on a nice day like yesterday.
Don't think he appreciated being challenged about his comment - but every club has a chance of playing on April 25, you just have to earn it.

So thats where that came from that other site is talking non stop on the eagles v west topic on those higher pulling teams guess when you arent winners you can go on and on and on
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:39 am

Any thoughts on Chris Hall. I haven't really seen a great game from him in ages. Do we need to move him on. Our reserve haven't lost in a couple of years. We need to start moving them up.
Any update on Obrien?
goddy11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:14 pm

At the game there was some talk that he may have been homesick and gone back for the holiday...hopefully it's just a one off and he's back

MichaelScott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:20 pm

I actually think C Hall has been okay so far not great but serviceable...thought he was disappointing last year especially in the finals...would have liked to have seen Sumner and Mcdonough at the club think they would have added a bit of an x factor that we seem to lack at the moment

MichaelScott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:21 pm

MichaelScott wrote:I actually think C Hall has been okay so far not great but serviceable...thought he was disappointing last year especially in the finals...would have liked to have seen Sumner and Mcdonough at the club think they would have added a bit of an x factor that we seem to lack at the moment

My thoughts exactly. not great but serviceable. MacGregor has the x factor.
goddy11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:08 pm

O'Brien slight calf strain... reportedly will be ok for Glenelg match.
Mara32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:29 pm

MichaelScott wrote:I actually think C Hall has been okay so far not great but serviceable...thought he was disappointing last year especially in the finals...would have liked to have seen Sumner and Mcdonough at the club think they would have added a bit of an x factor that we seem to lack at the moment

i was thinking hall going down back wasnt a great move
Not Hall but in the first quarter we werent great down back
Mickyj
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Columbo wrote:

A certain SANFuL writer on Twitter, who doesn't measure in very big ;-) was asked about the crowd  last night and in his reply suggested other teams would pull larger crowds on a nice day like yesterday.

Of course, you don't win premierships (or even make Grand Finals) by having the best crowds alone.  Nor do you do so by having the best balance sheet.

One thing I think didn't help the crowd is Wests poor showing this season - they certainly didn't have the share of the crowd in the GF this time. Had both sides been 4-0 coming into the match, we could have got 5,000. However, I reckon that would have been much better played at Richmond, anyway.
spell_check

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Its a bit like the old discussion of finals at footy park, it looked terrible Monday, but would 5000 people have rolled up at Richmond? Doubt it, but wouldnt have had a problem with playing the game at Richmond.
I wonder if the long weekend may have contributed also, was nice weather all weekend perfect for a quick getaway down south or over to Yorke Peninsula. Had the game been on a Wednesday and weather was good do more people turn up?guess we dont know.
Columbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:13 am

Well Chris Hall has been named in the state squad so he must be having an amazing break out season

MichaelScott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum